Delivering healthcare real estate solutions to clients nationwide for more than 30 years.
At Bremner Real Estate, we’ve built our sterling reputation by establishing an unwavering commitment to our clients. Since 1989, we have earned the respect of peers throughout the industry by adhering to a simple set of principles:
• Uphold the strictest integrity when dealing with our clients and partners
• Listen to the needs of all stakeholders, providing sound creative solutions
• Deliver confidence, reliability, and value to each project
How can we assist you with your upcoming medical real estate development needs?
Jim is a healthcare real estate expert with 30 years of experience with public company and private operating platforms.
In 1989, Jim created Bremner Healthcare Real Estate and built a local firm which developed facilities for hospital systems and independent physician practices. He grew that business into a regional healthcare real estate practice that annually developed, owned and managed $75M of assets a year. In late 2004, Bremner’s team aspired to be a national healthcare real estate developer and entered into a joint venture with Duke Realty (DRE).
In February of 2007, Duke Realty acquired the Bremner Healthcare operating business and its joint venture real estate assets. Jim then led the healthcare group of Duke Realty and its 130 team members until July of 2015. Jim’s leadership and his healthcare team grew the portfolio to over 100 medical buildings with invested capital of $1.7B, with a market value in 2017 of $3.1B when Duke Realty sold it.
- 1977 Xerox Corporation
- 1980 Revel Companies – led tenant rep brokerage business
- 1989 Started Bremner Healthcare as healthcare development business
- 2004 Entered into joint venture with Duke Realty creating BremnerDuke
- 2007 President of Duke Realty Healthcare
- 2015 BRE II formed and consulted
- 2017 Formed Bremner Real Estate
- Bachelor of Science, Management, Purdue University
- Indiana Broker’s License
- Chairman of the Board, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Board; Trustee for 10 years
- Director, Denison, Inc., Board of Directors, 2007 – Present
- Power Wellness, Board of Directors, 2014 – Present
Executive Vice President, Partner
Bill has been involved over 30 years in the development and construction of major projects across the country, and as a partner with Jim for over 15 years. His ability to listen and provide creative solutions to complex healthcare real estate issues as well as identify critical project hurdles are welcomed and respected on any development.
Bill has managed more than $800 million of new healthcare facilities. Above all, Bill enjoys regularly communicating with and building long-lasting, trusting relationships with his clients and motivating his development teams to work hard to exceed clients’ goals
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center – 121,000-square-foot ambulatory services center, imaging, ortho, new campus expansion
- Northside Hospital – 100,000-square-foot outpatient services campus
- Mercy Health Systems Clermont Campus – 66,000-squarefoot medical office building and ambulatory services center
- Adena Health Pavilion – 75,000-square-foot ambulatory services center, imaging suite, sleep lab
- St. Mary’s Heart Institute – 123,000-square-foot cath lab, outpatient imaging, cardiac rehabEducation
- Bachelor’s degree, Real Estate and Finance, Indiana University
- Member, American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- St. Matthew Parish – Bill directed a $5 million capital campaign to add a Parish Life Center and has been a financial advisor to the Parish Council for 10 years
- Board of Directors, Village of Merici
- Outreach Missions
Senior Vice President, Partner
With over 16 years in the Real Estate business, Matt is well versed on structuring and implementing a variety of deals ranging from 1,200 square foot medical office spaces up to 1.1 million square foot Fortune 100 industrial deals. Prior to Bremner, Matt worked for Duke Realty in their Indianapolis, IN, Washington, DC and most recently their Philadelphia, PA office serving as Vice President of Leasing and Development where he helped grow and develop Duke Realty’s six million square foot Pennsylvania portfolio. Matt has been active in the Real Estate industry participating in the NAIOP National Developing Leaders forum, NOVA Next Real Estate council at Villanova and was nominated to the Lehigh Valley Business Journal’s 2017 “40 under 40.”
- Palisades Medical Center – 56,000 square foot medical office building located on the Hackensack Meridian Health Palisades campus adjacent to the
- Hudson River in Palisades, NJ
- Bryn Mawr Medical Office – a 100,000 square foot medical office building located on the Mainline Bryn Mawr Hospital campus located in Bryan Mawr, PA
- Multiple medical office lease locations totaling over 40,000 square feet with Inova Health throughout Alexandria, VA
- Master of Real Estate – Concentration in Finance, Georgetown University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Concentrations in Finance and Strategic Management Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Organizational Development Major & Economics Minor, Vanderbilt University
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Broker License RM423460
- NAIOP Developing Leaders – National Forum Member
- Past NAIOP National Diversity Council Member
- NOVA Next Council Member – Villanova University
Debbie S. Johnson
Vice President, Leasing
Throughout her 30-plus year career, Debbie has lived by the belief that hard work, tenacity, a positive attitude, and a mantra of always doing the right thing will allow you to succeed in any situation. She’s taken no shortcuts, instead choosing to take all the necessary steps to reach the high-level of success that she has achieved.
Debbie’s entrepreneurial spirit flourished at a young professional age as she developed a small idea into a successful regional business with multi-locations which earned her the honor of Forty Under Forty from the Indianapolis Business Journal. This experience allows her to view transactions through many lenses and bring a level of insight and understanding to the negotiation table that ensures success.
After representing tenants, owners, and developers focusing on commercial leasing, acquisition and disposition, Debbie turned her focus to healthcare real estate in 2007. She now dedicates much of her time to assisting a prominent healthcare system with oversight of their portfolio of 9 million sq. ft. of transactions in the Midwest. Debbie brings strong analytical and market knowledge to the planning, relocation and negotiation process of healthcare real estate for her clients. Well known for her fierce dedication to surpassing challenging goals and expectations, she is well respected within the commercial real estate healthcare community.
- Grubb & Ellis Healthcare REIT – Oversight and leasing of 1.2 million square feet of medical office space. Increased occupancy from 59% to over 96% within 24 months.
- Lillibridge Healthcare – Managed leasing activities for 800,000sf portfolio and increased occupancy from 84% to 98%.
Successfully built a regional company from the ground up and sold it to a national firm.
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication/Public Relations, Purdue University
- Indiana Real Estate Broker License
- Executive Women in Healthcare
- Board Member – ICAN (Indiana Canine Assistance Network)
- Community Volunteer – Indiana Children’s Wish Fund
Vice President, Client Development
Ron brings nearly 35 years of experience, ranging from design and engineering to construction oversite and development management. Ron spent nearly 25 years in the architectural/engineering sector working on large commercial, industrial, and institutional projects around the country, specializing in project definition, construction management and administration, design coordination, entitlements and permitting approvals.
- Reid Medical Office Building – Three-story, 60,000-square-foot medical office building; Richmond, IN
- Reid Hospital and Outpatient Center – 730,000-square-foot, three-building $275 million replacement hospital campus; Richmond, IN
- Center Pointe – Acquisition and redevelopment of two office buildings into medical office space; 363,778 square feet; Atlanta, GA
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center – 120,000-square-foot, on campus medical office building; Murfreesboro, TN
- New Hampton Place – Two-story, 40,000-square-foot medical office building on Eastside Medical Center campus; Snellville, GA
- Northside Cherokee Towne Lake MOB – Four-story, 102,997-square-foot medical office building and 30-car parking garage; Woodstock, GA
- Baptist Memorial Hospital – 3-story, 80,000-square-foot, multi-disciplinary services medical office building; Oxford, MS
- UNC Rex Hospital – 3-story, 75,000-square-foot, multi-disciplinary service outpatient medical office building; Raleigh, NC
- Associate in Science, Construction Technology, Sinclair Community College
- Civil Engineering, University of Dayton
- Member, American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
- Habitat for Humanity
- American Heart Association
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Hancock County, past board member
- Gleaners Food Bank volunteer
- Wheeler Mission volunteer
Vice President, Development
With over 13 years of commercial real estate development and construction experience, Kevin joins Bremner Real Estate with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Kevin worked previously for Duke Realty in both development and construction roles pursuing new development opportunities and delivering projects from conception to completion. With his background and attention to detail, Kevin knows how to help clients deliver projects on time and on budget. Kevin earned a Master of Business Administration from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic – 121,000-square-foot, two-story facility with primary care, women’s wellness, radiology, mental health and pharmacy; LEED® Silver; Tampa, FL
- Eskenazi Health/Fifth Third Faculty Office Building – 274,000-square-foot, five-story medical/faculty office building attached to Eskenazi Hospital; LEED® Gold; Indianapolis, IN
- SCL-Emerus Community Hospitals – four, stand-alone community hospitals totaling 165,978 square feet in Denver, Colorado suburbs
- Reid Hospital & Health Care Services – 730,000-square-foot hospital with MRI, cancer center and emergency department; Richmond, IN
- BRAC 133, Department of Defense – 1.75 million-square-foot, 17-story secure office complex, 3,750-space parking garage; LEED® Gold; Alexandria, VA
- Renaissance Place Mixed-Use Development – 250,000-square-foot, mixed-use residential, retail and commercial project; six-story Class A office building and six-story precast parking garage; Lafayette, IN
- Procter & Gamble Distribution Center – 515,000-square-foot warehouse with 50 dock positions, 150 trailer parking spaces and 5,000 square feet of office space; Iowa City, IA
- 33 Logistics Park – three-building industrial park, including a 1.1 million-square-foot facility leased by Amazon.com; Easton, PA
Executive Coordinator & Asset Transition Oversite
Angie works with the Development team on a variety of functions and projects as well as assists with company operations. She also oversees the transition for our clients from active construction to tenancy ensuring a seamless coordination and tenant satisfaction on every project.
Angie brings 19 years of experience working in the Real Estate industry, most recently at Duke Realty providing a wide range of support services for the Construction, Marketing, and Healthcare departments as an Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing, University of Phoenix
- Habitat for Humanity
- Gleaners Food Bank volunteer
- Past Corporate National Diversity Council Member
Vice President, Development
Dan has over 18 years of development and construction expertise with top healthcare systems and hospital clients across the country. Most of that time was spent at Duke Realty where he focused on delivering quality Class A medical office and high acuity hospital spaces to his clients. Dan graduated from Purdue University with a degree in Construction Engineering and Management.
- Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital – 63,500-square-foot, 60-bed rehabilitation hospital; Springfield, MO
- Community North Rehabilitation Hospital – 63,000-square-foot, 60-bed rehabilitation hospital; Indianapolis, IN
- Marietta Memorial Hospital – 90,000-square-foot south pavilion addition with new OR suite and new Emergency Department; Marietta, OH
- Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Hospital – 54,000 square foot, 49-bed rehabilitation hospital; Germantown, TN
- University Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital – 54,000 square foot, 50 bed rehabilitation hospital; Avon, OH
- TriHealth/Select Rehabilitation Hospital – 69,000 square foot, 60 bed rehabilitation hospital; Avon, OH
- Medco Health Solutions/Express Scripts – 450,000-square-foot, fully automated pharmacy; Whitestown, IN
- Woodland Corporate Park, Building VI – 160,000-square-foot office building; Indianapolis, IN
- D-A Lubricant – 250,000-square-foot process facility, distribution center and corporate headquarters with rail service to the facility; Lebanon, IN
- NOVUS (Discover Card) – 326,000-square-foot, 2-story call center; New Albany, OH
- Future Farmers of America – Merchandise Center; Indianapolis, IN
- Bachelor’s degree, Construction Engineering and Management, Purdue University
- Habitat for Humanity
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Indiana